Sunday, December 7, 2008

Porridge


Last week was a week of "firsts:" The first time I tried solid food, the first time I tried drinking mummy's milk from a bottle and the first time my mum left me with a babysitter while she and dad went out to dinner. I didn't do too well on the eating and drinking front but I slept soundly while the babysitter was here. Not sure about that "big people's food." Mummy gave me porridge - which tasted like the piece of cardboard I was chewing on last week before dad realised why I was so quiet! Unfortunately, mum bought a big box of the stuff so I guess it'll be porridge on the menu for a few weeks to come. I'll pretend I don't know how to swallow, that should do the trick. Don't much care for that bottled breast milk either. I much prefer snuggling up to mum's warm and soft breast rather than having that plastic bottle thrust at me. And as far as leaving me with a babysitter goes, they were lucky this time. I was really tired because I had my second inoculation jab at the doctor's that morning. I didn't cry this time. I was engrossed in a good book and didn't even realise that the lady had stuck a needle into my thigh. I only noticed when she put a band aid on it and by then I had missed my chance to holler about it and give her and mum a hard time.

No comments: