Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dad is coming home...


My dad has been away from us for a week now, he is in Poland with the U19 Women's national team. They have been playing football against Denmark, Sweden and Poland (all very good teams, my mum says) - and guess what? Iceland won the group so now they are going to play in the European cup finals in the summer in Belarus. You go girls!!! Bad thing about that is, that my dad will be away from us again...
On top of it all I've been sick most of the time my dad has been away. I had a high fever for a couple of days so my mum took me to the doctor. The doctor said it was a virus. I probably caught it when I was at a birthday party last week, my friend Birkir Ingi was two-years-old. It was great fun to play with all the kids. But the day after I felt poorly.
My amma (grandma) has been very nice to me, babysitting and playing with me. Afi (granddad) came to Iceland last week and I like hanging out with him.
Oooh, I almost forgot! Afi Steini (my great granddad) was 90-years-old last Monday - that's a lot of years... Unfortunately I couldn't visit him on his actual birthday but there will be a party on Friday, so look out, I'll be there in my party dress.
Happy Birthday afi Steini and welcome home dad!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Alice said...

Hi Matilda,I hear you are going to Afi Steini's birthday party today, will you give him very good wishes from your Grandad and Grandma in England. Love you xx