Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Duckin' Cold!


Why is it mums and dads always think it fun to take us babies to feed the ducks? Especially on a freezing cold Icelandic winter's day? Honestly, you would think they would have more sense than that. But no, not my mum and dad. My mum enjoys being outdoors - so does my dad (but only in the warm sunshine). Dad told me that in any good relationship there is always give and take and so in order to placate mum we set off to the park armed with a few slices of bread and wrapped up as if we were going to the North Pole rather than the Reykjavik Botanical Gardens. 
Pretty soon we were surrounded by a slightly intimidating bunch of quacking geese and ducks. If you ask me, they looked colder than me and kept slipping on the icey path which surely made their bums as chaffed as mine sometimes get! Anyway, mum seemed to be having fun while me and dad just took it all in our stride. I think those ducks are interesting but I wasn't allowed to throw any bread at them so I couldn't really see the sport in this little outing. Boy, was I glad to get back in the warm car. I think I'll wait until I get bigger to go again although me and dad may have to take mum again! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matilda looks as though she loves the water. Proper little mermaid. Don't like the look of that snow! Wish I could give her a big hug, makes me sad that I can' see her. Must get someone to show me how to download skype.xx

Anonymous said...

Hej Matila! Va stor du har blivit vi afi sender dig stor puss och kram amma och afi