Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Little Mermaid!


Since arriving back home from my Christmas break in Sweden and England I've been feeling a lot better after finally kicking that nasty lung virus into touch. So much so that I have been going to baby swim classes and having a lot of fun, although I think mum seems to enjoy it more than me as you can see from her face! 
I go on Wednesdays and Saturdays and basically get pulled around, dunked, splashed, raised aloft, sang to and dunked again. And then again for good measure. But at least it gets me out of the house and do something other than eat, sleep, chew things, and have my diaper/nappy changed. 
The man teaching us is funny and my mum seems to know all the little kids' songs he sings and makes us join in on. My dad came to watch the other day. He didn't get in with us. He said he was glad he didn't because he couldn't see himself singing those songs along with all the other mummies and daddies. 
My dad is way cooler than my mum! 
Snorri the teacher grabbed my ankles and held me aloft. That was fun. 
I thought he was going to let me dive but I guess he didn't think I would be able to handle that. I was waiting for him to let go but he just lowered me back down, dunked me under the water then moved on to the next kid.
Mum looked a bit worried but I was pretty cool about it. 
I've gone three times now and it has been good but I'm not really convinced about all the big people singing those silly baby songs - makes them look like they're part of some strange cult! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hej Matilda du är väldigt duktig och kul bild av dig ochläraren fina badkläder Ha det bra amma och afi