Sunday, October 24, 2010

Everyday Was Like Sunday...

A nice, sunny Sunday and we're on the road again. This time my mummy and daddy took me to Clarence Pier - an amusement pier in Portsmouth, Hampshire. It is located by the Portsmouth Hovercraft terminal. According to Wikipedia, unlike most seaside piers in the UK, the pier does not extend very far out to sea, instead goes along the coast.
The pier was originally constructed in 1861 and boasted a regular ferry service to the Isle Of Wight. It was damaged by air raids during World War II and opened in its current form in 1961.
I had a great time riding on the carousel, the swirling teacups, the balloon ride and the track with different kinds of transportation - I picked a train. Afterwards we went across the road to a park where there was a playground with slides and swings. I wish every day could be Sunday!

No comments: