Sunday, October 3, 2010

Memories of Summer...

Sorry for the lack of updates folks - it's been a busy summer which included another trip to France so I have been spending more time out doors rather than typing away on the computer. But I have lots to tell you about so I better get on with it.
As I mentioned we went to France with some very special friends - Steve and Darlene who came all the way over from Florida. We went by car ferry from Dover to Calais late one Friday night and drove all the way down to Montalivet in South-west France on the Atlantic coast. I slept most of the way while my daddy drove.
I went to a playground everyday that had a big pirate ship to climb on and slide down. We also went to the beach every day and went on bicycle rides. But best of all was spending time with Steve, who is a doctor, and Darlene who was always ready to play with me or read me a story - and especially eating pain au chocolats or "chocalatines" with me for breakfast. I hope they can come back next summer or that daddy can take me and mummy to Florida.

1 comment:

Steve Willis said...

Dear Matilda,
We had a great time with you and your folks in France. I am ready to plan our trip for 2011. It would great if some of our Icelandic friends would join us and get some sun on their cheeks!
Steve and Darlene