Monday, June 1, 2009

The Day I Met a Legend!

This weekend I met Óli Þórðarson, who told me he is a football legend! I don't think he was as good as my dad but I suppose if you play 72 or 73 times for the Icelandic national team you might be quite good. 
Óli doesn't play football anymore, my dad says he's too slow and too old so now he just shouts and coaches a team who are doing very well.  My dad says the only thing he doesn't understand about Óli is that he likes Manchester United. 
I think Óli should be a Saints fan like me, because my dad says we need some more fans, preferably some with a lot of money. 
Óli has a nice wife called Friðmey. They have two daughters, one son, two dogs called Skotta and Jarl, and five chickens but Óli didn't tell me their names. 
They all live in a place called Akranes, which Óli insists always has the best weather in Iceland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hæ Matildur þetta er amma í Svíaríki. Það hefur verið gaman fyrir þig að sjá öll dýrin amma sá í mogganum í dag um selungan. við afi vorum með Depil á hundakurs í dag og það voru nú meiri lætin í honum. biðjum að heilsa pabba og mömmu.Elskum þig amma og afi